If you may think that Aloe Vera plant has suddenly found its way into our modern homes, you’re mistaken! For centuries, this succulent plant, the Aloe Vera has been in use for dermatology, phytotherapy, and even in the field of cosmetics in the avatar of creams and gels. Be it our grandma tips or the facts from our history books, they’ve all been boasting about the use of this succulent plant for more than one benefit. And now, various studies have begun proving how this household plant has found an effective way to fight and cure diabetes; more so without posing any side effects. These researches have been speaking about how this Aloe Vera plant which is a drought-resistant in nature has been showing signs as to how it could help and manage diabetes by keeping a control over the blood sugar levels.
What Do These Studies And Researches Say?
Everybody is aware of the anti-bacterial and antimicrobial properties of the Aloe Vera plant. Its medicinal properties have been spoken about and passed on from various generations. Let’s not forget that this humble plant also has a reputation for healing because of its anti-inflammatory properties. Roughly one could say that the Aloe Vera contains around 75 active elements, of which, the major ones include:
- Amino acids
In recent years, researchers have been delving concerning the Aloe Vera plant’s potential to help those suffering from pre-diabetes and diabetes conditions. You see, the Aloe Vera plant has two substances that tout to be beneficial—the clear gel and the yellow latex. In the case of diabetes, the clear gel can be taken as a supplement to control the blood sugar levels.
What Does Aloe Vera Plant Help Control In Diabetic Patients?
So, the Aloe Vera might help in lowering two main things:
- Hemoglobin A1c is also known as the HbA1c. This HbA1c helps determine the average of three months of the amount of blood glucose levels that are attached to the hemoglobin present in the red blood cells of the body.
- Fasting Blood Glucose also known as FBG
And most of the research reports have pictured the positive impacts of the Aloe Vera on controlling the glycemic index in the body.
The Benefits Doe Aloe Vera Provide To People With Diabetes
We can call it the purported benefits. This is because the research suggests the possible benefits that the Aloe Vera juice, as well as its supplements, can have on people suffering from diabetes. So, let’s have a look at some of the benefits that the Aloe Vera provides:
- Lowers The Levels Of Fasting Blood Sugar: Many studies have revealed that those who have got their fasting blood sugar levels checked after regularly consuming the Aloe Vera gels supplements have seen a dip in their overall body fat as well as in their weight as well. Even their blood sugar levels have been under control and considerably lower than their levels before they started to consume the Aloe Vera gel.
- Fewer Side Effects: If you go through the statements given by authors of these detailed researches, they all have spoken about how consuming the Aloe Vera gel has posed very few to absolutely no side effects at all among the diabetic patients. Their statements are based on the numerous studies that have been a part of many Aloe Vera preparations.
- The HbA1c Averages Are Lower: Let’s understand one thing, that the Aloe Vera gel or its supplements and their impact on the blood sugar levels of diabetics are still a topic of debate. The same applies to this benefit as well. While tests conducted on animals showed that consumption of the Aloe Vera gel helped lower the HbA1c levels. The same didn’t apply when it came to the test results when humans were studied. So, this benefit is a probability only! More research and proofs are required to determine that the Aloe Vera gel or its supplements lower the HbA1c average by 100 percent.
- More Individuals Might Opt For It At The End Of The Day: Isn’t it true? No matter how beneficial a cure can be, it will be used and its results will be shown only when the patients readily agree to opt for it. The same goes here with Aloe Vera as well. Half of the people who suffer from Type 2 Diabetes have seen positive results in their overall blood sugar levels after consuming the Aloe Vera gel and its supplements. People also opt for this because of lower side effects and of course, also because it is cost-effective.
How Does The Aloe Vera Juice Help With Blood Sugar Or Weight Loss?
Most individuals who suffer from diabetes, especially from the type 2 variety suffer from excessive weight loss, especially around their waistlines. And the accumulation of the same results in various other health-related problems like cardiovascular diseases. Now, eating a balanced diet can help in the management of this excess weight or also helps in maintaining the current weight. Even health remedies like Halki Diabetes Remedy help in managing the problem of diabetes in an overall manner. These diets involve consuming foods that help reduce the blood sugar levels and also aid loss, and among these, one such superfood is the Aloe Vera. According to many studies, the Aloe Vera has shown to decrease lower the blood lipids (another name for fats) in the body of those patients who have a history of extremely high levels of the same earlier. The compounds present in the Aloe Vera such as mannans, lectins, and anthraquinones help in the same. Therefore, taking the Aloe Vera as an oral supplement regularly helps reduce the glucose levels in the blood.
How To Use The Aloe Vera If You Are A Diabetic?
While Aloe Vera’s supplements can be either homemade or bought from an online store, when it comes to consuming it, the word used to describe it would be “caution.” Because the studies that determine regular consumption of the Aloe Vera supplements is still in its preliminary stage. Therefore, don’t gulp down that Aloe Vera juice bottle that you bought from your nearby grocery store. Neither would we recommend that you stop your diabetic medications completely and replace it with the Aloe Vera oral supplements. This could cause serious harm to your body. While some love drinking the Aloe Vera juice and others opt for consuming its powder. We would suggest that if you are keen on giving the Aloe Vera pant a try, you should consider consulting your regular doctor for expert advice and then step onto this Aloe Vera consumption bandwagon.
What Are The Health Benefits That The Aloe Vera Provides Us With?
- Helps fight constipation
- Helps promote your digestive health
- Promotes dental health
- Helps heal various pains and inflammations of the body
- Lightens the scars on the body caused due to surgery or an accident
- Helps improve the texture of the skin by moisturizing it and also lightens the wrinkles and lines on the face
- Helps to treat and heal canker sores
The Bottom Line Of This
In short, yes, the Aloe Vera does see to promise as a symphony to those suffering from diabetes for long, and for those who want to maintain their good blood sugar levels and not let them go hay-way on the higher end. The scientific community, however, has not reached a consensus level yet when it comes to recommending the Aloe Vera for the management of diabetes. Besides, more research and time is required to understand the correct way to manufacture the Aloe Vera supplement and how much doze is essential. You could look out for health solution like the Kachin Diabetes Solution that will provide you with assistance along with what exercises, what superfoods will help you maintain lower blood sugar levels in the body. So, until this is found and is stamped “ok” by the scientific community, we recommend that you consult your doctor if you are very keen on trying the Aloe Vera supplements to help your diabetes condition. But remember that a well-balanced diet, regular exercising, and a calm state of mind is what matters to battle the diabetes condition efficiently. And remember, that diabetes is a friendly disease, therefore, the more you take care, the farther you’ll find yourself from this problem.