While the world is facing a health crisis and battling a dangerous virus, the best we can do is be home and stay safe. However, being home comes with its own set of advantages and disadvantages. One of them is you cannot get to the gyms owing to the lockdown protocols. So does this mean you need to give up on workouts and exercises during the lockdown season? A person who is determined enough will find ample ways to work out right at home. Meanwhile, let us first discuss why workouts and exercises are essential.
Importance of Workouts and Exercise
We have always heard that exercise is excellent for our health. But do we know how it benefits our bodies? A majority of the population have a sedentary lifestyle. In other words, their jobs also include them to sit down in front of a computer for 7-8 hours at a stretch. When you have this kind of lifestyle, it can be difficult for you to be active and maintain physical activity. Exercise is known to benefit you multiple ways that you never thought it exists. It is known to reduce your stress levels and calm your body and mind. It is also beneficial to people who are trying to lose weight and get back in shape. Additionally, exercise and workouts help you lead a healthy lifestyle. Let us look to examine the health benefits of work out and exercise.
- Improves your mood and mental health: When you work out, your body releases chemicals that can make you feel relaxed and improve your mood, reducing your risk of depression and anxiety. Additionally, you will also notice fewer signs of stress.
- Helps to maintain a healthy weight: If you are trying to beat obesity or lose weight, you must include exercise as part of your daily lifestyle. You also need to make changes in your diet so that you start seeing changes in your body.
- Helps manage your insulin and blood pressure levels: Exercise brings great results on blood sugar levels. A reduction in insulin levels and blood pressure thereby reduces your risk of metabolic syndrome and other deadly diseases.
- Helps you to quit smoking altogether: Exercising helps to control your cravings and withdrawal symptoms. Additionally, it also helps you to reduce weight gain when you plan to quit smoking.
- Working out strengthens your bones and muscles: Regular exercise helps teenagers and kids build healthy and strong bones and muscles. It also reduces the loss of bone density that comes as you start aging.
- Reduces risk of cancers: Exercising known to reduce the risk of certain kinds of cancers like lung cancer, colon cancer, breast cancer, and uterine cancer.
- Improves your sleep patterns: When you exercise, it exhibits a visible link in improving your sleep patterns. Hence, if you are witnessing any sleep issues, it is recommended that you start exercising. Exercise helps you sleep faster than usual and also helps you to sleep for a longer duration of time.
Workout Routine: 30 Minutes Home Workout
This exercise or work out is a 30-minute duration, which is easy to perform at home. This time includes the warm-up time and rests time too. It mainly comprises of bodyweight exercise that can be done at an outdoor space if you have one. Else, you can also perform them indoors in the comfort of your home. These techniques help burn fat and also build muscle.
- Warm-Up: Time- 3 Min
Have an easy warm-up routine, which mainly aims at building blood circulation in your body. It should also prepare your muscles for the upcoming exercises. Hence, try to keep it simple and low in intensity.
- The Actual Workout
This work out will help you in losing excess body fat and will improve the level of your fitness. This work out consists of six exercises which are performed individually one after the other with rest time in between. Between every exercise, take a rest time of 90 seconds and then go ahead with the next one.
- Mountain Climber (Time-30 sec, Rest-15 sec)
For this exercise, settle into a press-up position and bring one knee to your chest. Make sure your foot does not touch the ground. Then immediately take the position back to the starting point. Once you come back into the position, push your other knee to your chest, and repeat the same way. Alternate between your knees for 30 sec. Make sure you avoid raising your hips. Simply imagine as if you are balancing a glass of water on your back, which must not spill.
- Squat Jump (Time-30 sec, Rest-15 sec)
This workout is more intense or real than a regular squat that you would do. Here you are adding a power-packed squat, which makes it a little different. First, start with keeping your feet about shoulder-width apart. Then sit in a squat position. The critical focus is to keep the hips while making sure you do not move your torso forwards. Make sure to keep your back in a vertical stance while performing this exercise. Through your squat, ensure to swing your arms into the air and land.
- Bicycle Crunch (Time-30 sec, Rest-15sec)
First, start with lying straight on your back and raise your legs close to 20 cm away from the ground. Hold your back of the head with your arms and arch the top portion of your spine to a few centimeters away from the floor. Turn your left elbow to the right knee while simultaneously trying to bring your right knee closer to the left elbow. Try to get them to meet in the middle and get back on the starting position. Then try to meet your right elbow to the left knee. Ensure that your head, neck, and feet do not touch the ground at all.
- Reverse Lunge (Time-30 sec, Rest-15 sec)
Stand in a straight position and bring both your hands in front of the chest with the fist of your one hand meeting the palm of the other hand. Then take your left leg and step a comfortable length backward and lower your left knee. Make sure not to touch the ground but attempt to get closer to the ground as much as you can. Finally, get to the initial posture and repeat the same movement on your right leg.
- Press Up (Time-30 sec, Rest-15 sec)
Start the exercise in a press-up position. Your stomach, legs, and chest should be above the floor or ground. If you find this position to be awkward, then get your knees to the ground. Then you can raise your legs in air behind you. Ensure that you are still in a four-point holding position. Then, you need to bend your elbows. Make sure your stomach and chest do not touch the ground. When you are just a few centimeters away from the ground, and you feel a pull in your cheat and muscles, you can pull yourself back.
- Star Jump (Time-30 sec, Rest-90 sec)
Begin by having the arms by either side. Then you need to jump and simultaneously use both hands out so that they are in line with the shoulders. Additionally, spring your legs wide such that they are shoulder-width apart. When you finally land, get back to your starting position.
- Warm Down (Time-3 min)
A warm down section is critical as it lowers your heart rate and relaxes your muscles that have been working. Try to stretch the muscles more, which you have worked. Ensure you do not feel sore the next day when your workout.
Working out can also help you achieve that great body that you ever dreamt possible. Besides, it is also known to reduce the risk of heart diseases and maintain your blood sugar and blood pressure levels. Exercise helps maintain body weight and be healthy as ever. You will feel more positive with stamina, as well as stay productive throughout the day. Also, there are many health supplementary products available in the market which enable workout as easy as a breeze with stamina. Many health-conscious individuals around the world select FloraSpring as the health supplementary, which helps in making the workout effective and preferred as one such product.
When planning to lose weight, one thing that you should know is that the number of calories you intake should be equal to the number of calories you burn, aids in effective weight loss over some time.