I visited the dentist yesterday, and l was welcomed with a hand sanitizer at the reception. As if that wasn’t enough, they checked my temperature before even attending me. I was handed a face mask to wear before making any consultation. The receptionist asked if l had any flu symptoms. Measures to ensure safeties from the coronavirus are being implemented every corner of the world. People are scared of being infected.
Taking safety measures is the only thing that individuals can do. Coronavirus, which has also been named COVID 19, is an infectious virus or disease that affects lungs and respiratory airways. It can be spread by humans to other humans through close contact, respiratory droplets, and contacting surfaces with the virus. The virus kills people, and Anxiety has gripped the globe. Keep the immediate surroundings clean and to avoid gatherings. Sanitizing your hands, avoiding touching your face, keeping a distance from others, masking your respiratory organs are some of the safety tips being shared globally.
What do we know about the Corona?
Coronavirus, which is also known as COVID19, is an outbreak disease that was first detected in Wuhan, China, in December 2019. The condition causes respiratory illness and has symptoms such as cough, fever, and shortness of breath, similar to the symptoms of the common flu or cold. Some people might experience a runny nose, sore throat, body aches, tiredness, and headaches.
The virus can be severe and result in the death of human beings. Coronavirus has affected about 192 countries. So far, there are more than 349,000 cases of infected people worldwide; more than 15,300 deaths have been officially recorded, while more than 100,300 have successfully recovered. The disease becomes severe and results in death in older adults and those with a weaker immune system. People with diabetes, hypertension, chronic respiratory disease, and cardiovascular disease are at risk if they are infected with the coronavirus.
Treatment for Coronavirus Infection
So far, there is no treatment for the virus, and people seek medical attention to be relieved of the symptoms. It is advised to remain indoors and avoid situations, events being in crowded areas to reduce the spread of the virus. Globally, people are encouraged to wash hands regularly or use sanitizers and avoid close contact with sick people. The medical specialists are still doing their investigations to come up with a suitable medication to treat the virus.
How to Reduce Anxiety
Everyone is worried about the disease that is spreading globally. Some countries have effected measures to reduce the spread of the virus in their countries. They monitor the movement of people. For instance, most locations have banned mass gatherings and closed schools.
Some countries have closed borders and ports to avoid the movement of people. Airports worldwide screen passengers to identify those who have coronavirus symptoms. Some flights have stopped plying the routes with high infections. For instance, British Airways has suspended flights to and from China. United Airlines, American Airlines, Air Canada are some of the most prominent organizations that have canceled trips to Hong Kong China.
Quick Remedies by Hygiene
Sanitizers are accessible to passengers in airports worldwide, with some airports conducting the thermal screening. Those who are found with the virus or symptoms are quarantined or isolated and closely monitored by medical experts. People who reside in countries like Italy and China, with a high number of infections, have been banned from entering other countries.
For instance, South Africa also applies to the products and services coming from those countries, reducing the Anxiety and maximizes security among the people. Knowing that no passengers are coming from China and Italy, where there are high numbers of infected people, gives people assurance that they are safe from being infected.
Some public places like schools and supermarkets have sanitizers in abundance to make sure that people clean their hands to avoid spreading the virus. Other countries have banned mass gatherings such as churches, weddings, parties, and other related functions from avoiding exposing people to the illness. People are advised to stay indoors and avoid unnecessary movements as it is risky to be in contact with people.
Restrictions to curb Anxiety
Many countries have imposed restrictions on travelers and their populations at large. For instance, South Africa has banned travelers from high-risk countries and visas from such nations like Italy have been banned, now a norm to many countries in reaction to COVID 19. They want to assure that there is a minimum spread of the coronavirus.
Big companies have also closed their operations because of the Corona outbreak. For instance, Apple closed its retail shops China and outside China, to minimize the spread of coronavirus.
The different measures that have been taken by world leaders, companies, and individuals are meant to reduce Anxiety. They are educative and useful for the population’s security at large.
How to safeguard ourselves from coronavirus
- The coronavirus has no vaccine so far. People are advised to take it upon themselves and minimize the risk of being infected. The virus spread through being in contact with people’s respiratory droplets. When people cough, talk, or sneeze, they may dispel saliva liquids. Coronavirus spread through those liquids.
- Touching the infected respiratory liquids and touching your mouth and nose might lead to infection. People are advised to close their mouths with a tissue when sneezing and dispose of the tissue safely.
- Washing or sanitizing of hands must be done regularly to avoid being infected. People are advised to avoid touching their faces as they might risk infecting themselves. Cleanliness must be the order of the day wherever you are to avoid being infected.
- People are advised to cover up their mouth and nose to avoid being infected. You can use a mask to cover your face as you go to work, commuting, or traveling. It reduces the risk of exposing your respiratory organs like the nose.
- People are advised to avoid being in massive events such as church gatherings, weddings, and parties. Being in contact with many people is not healthy; it raises the chances of being infected.
- Self-isolation is advised, should stay indoors and avoid meeting a lot of people. Shopping must be done when there is a necessity. Being indoors is said to be safer than to be outdoors, though the disease hasn’t been officially declared as airborne.
When you have the symptoms of coronavirus, you must visit the health care facility to get professional assistance. If you test positive to the virus, you must assist in identifying people who have been in contact with you so that they get screened or quarantined. You must adhere to the doctor’s advice avoiding spreading the virus. Travelers must avoid traveling to destinations with high infections.
You must stay up to date and avoid fake news. You must stay up to date with the latest information on coronavirus through verified news sources to avoid causing alarm and grief to many people.
Tips to overcome Anxiety
- Wash your hands regularly – Keep your hands clean from germs that might infect you by washing them regularly with warm water and soap. You can use hand sanitizer or wipes to keep your hands clean.
- Stay indoors, and avoid unnecessary movement – Staying away from the crowds, minimize the risk of spreading the virus. Being exposed to the massive crowds might expose you to infections resulting in an immediate spread of the disease as you contact people around you
- Mask your face – cover your nose and mouth with a mask of at least a scarf to avoid accidental droplets. You can purchase an OxyBreath Pro mask, which is an antipollution mask.
- Disinfect objects and surfaces around you – make sure that your surroundings are clean
- Cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing – you can use your cough or sneeze with your elbow or tissue. Dispose of the fabric in thrash and wash your hands.
- Visit the health care center when you have the symptoms to get tested – you must not contact your health center if you have the signs of the Corona.
Prevention and safety are better than a cure. The population worldwide has to unite in easing the spread of the COVID 19. Everyone must play his or her part by ensuring cleanliness wherever they are. Avoiding crowds can decrease the risk of being in contact with infections. If you are found in that unwanted situation, mask your mouth and nose and sanitize your hands regularly.